Weeks after downsizing its workforce by 20% and shutting down some of its business arms, Kenyan logistics startup, Sendy has received an undisclosed investment from MOL PLUS Co., Ltd, the Corporate Venture Capital of Japanese transport company, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd. (MOL).
- Sendy, through its portfolio of fulfilment services provides businesses of any size a seamless way to move goods, enabling them to drive more efficiency and growth.
- This investment will enable Sendy to scale its fulfilment services in Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and Cote d’Ivoire.
- The coming together of Sendy and MOL paves the way for synergies that will simplify logistics for business. MOL will partner with Sendy to provide its customers in shipping and freight with additional mid-mile and last-mile services.
- "We were very specific in choosing to invest in Sendy because of the solution that they offer; we share a common goal. We all want to democratize logistics and support businesses in Africa to move their goods reliably and affordably," Takuya Sakamoto, Representative of MOL PLUS, stated.
- Sendy seeks to grow its fulfilment operations in the continent by providing the easiest way for businesses of any size to move goods, enabling them to drive more efficiency and growth. This is in line with its mission, to empower people and businesses by making it easier to trade.