It is the third day of CES 2024 and here are the most intriguing tech products and features that have caught my eye today.
- Urtopia's Fusion e-Bike integrates ChatGPT as an AI assistant
- ASUS Unveils Bendable OLED Portable Monitor - ZenScreen Fold
- Sony Unveils New Sideplate Colors for PlayStation 5 "Slim"
- VTouch Unveils WHSP Ring at CES 2024 for Discreet Ambient Computing
- Shift Robotics's Shoes with Built-in Wheels for Enhanced Walking Speed
- Mercedes-Benz Upgrades In-Car Voice Assistant with Generative AI
Urtopia's Fusion e-Bike integrates ChatGPT as an AI assistant
Urtopia has unveiled its flagship Fusion e-bike at CES 2024, featuring integration with ChatGPT, as an AI assistant accessible through its built-in speaker.
- Touted as the "world's first dual battery, dual motor e-bike," the Fusion e-bike employs carbon fibre for reduced weight and offers up to 200km (124 miles) range with dual 540Wh batteries and an extendable battery option.
- The AI assistant aims to assist riders in exploring new routes, providing real-time information, and engaging in conversations. While the practicality of a chat assistant on an e-bike might be debatable during high-speed manoeuvres, it serves as a distinctive feature and a marketing strategy for Urtopia.
ASUS Unveils Bendable OLED Portable Monitor - ZenScreen Fold
ASUS showcased the ZenScreen Fold at CES 2024, claiming it to be the world’s first foldable OLED portable monitor. The 17.3-inch display features a QHD+ resolution, 100% DCI-P3 coverage, and VESA DisplayHDR True Black 500 compliance.
- Different from ASUS' dual 14-inch OLED laptop, Zenbook Duo (2024) which was also featured at CES 2024, the portable monitor has a bendable OLED panel, and can collapse down to a compact size for portability, with its redesigned hinge that minimizes crease.
- It is equipped with mini HDMI, two USB-C ports, and a 3.5mm audio jack, is priced at $2,000 and is expected to be available in Q2.
Sony Unveils New Sideplate Colors for PlayStation 5 "Slim"
Sony is providing users with new customization options, aiming to enhance the visual appeal of the gaming console.
- The gaming media giant has showcased new side plate colour options for the PlayStation 5 "slim" at CES 2024, featuring blue, silver, and red.
- Priced at $54.99, these side covers offer a matte finish throughout, eliminating the glossy/matte split seen in the standard white PS5 slim.
VTouch Unveils WHSP Ring at CES 2024 for Discreet Ambient Computing
Not the first smart ring featured at CES 2024, but this WHSP Ring by South Korean company VTouch, will allow you to communicate commands to your voice assistants discreetly.
- The ring features a proximity sensor and microphone, activating when raised to the mouth, allowing users to mutter commands quietly. The accompanying VTouch app offers various AI assistants.
- The ring has a battery life of approximately a day and a half, with the charging case extending it up to nine days. VTouch plans to launch WHSP Ring on Kickstarter soon, with pricing details yet to be revealed.
Shift Robotics Introduces Shoes with Built-in Wheels for Enhanced Walking Speed
If you have ever missed the bus and had to trek to your workplace, Shift Robotics might just have a solution for you.
- The company has showcased its innovative Moonwalkers and Moonwalkers X shoes incorporating built-in wheels that activate upon striking the ground, providing slight propulsion with each step and potentially making walking up to three times faster.
- The existing Moonwalkers are designed for general use, offering 7 miles of range, while Moonwalkers X, targeting warehouse workers, features a lighter design. The Moonwalkers are priced at $1,399, and the release date for Moonwalkers X is set for mid-2024, with pricing details to come.
Mercedes-Benz Upgrades In-Car Voice Assistant with Generative AI
To stay ahead in the AI boom impacting the automotive industry, Mercedes-Benz is enhancing its in-car voice assistant, MBUX Virtual Assistant, with generative AI, aiming for more natural interactions and personalized driver experiences.
- Running on the next-gen MB.OS operating system, to create the most human-like interface with a Mercedes-Benz yet. It will be capable of predictive behavior, such as playing the morning news upon entering the vehicle or suggesting dialling into a meeting if the calendar indicates lateness.
- The voice assistant focuses on natural dialogue, using large-language models (LLMs) for responses, with customizable personality traits, including natural, predictive, personal, and empathetic.