India-based employee volunteering platform Goodera has announced the close of a $10 million financing from Zoom Ventures, Elevation Capital, Nexus Venture Partners, Omidyar Network India, and Binny Bansal among others.
- Founded by Abhishek Humbad in 2020, Goodera is a platform where enterprises can provide on-demand, impactful and engaging volunteering experiences to employees worldwide.
- Some of these include reviewing resumes of underprivileged youth, assembling solar lamps for the homeless, tree plantation, and beach and park clean-ups, amongst others.
- With over 400 customers so far, Goodera’s volunteering programs have been used by companies like IBM, Target, EY, Amazon and 60 Fortune 500 companies. It currently reaches more than 10 million employees in total and wants to hit 100 million employees by 2025.
- Goodera now has a network of over 1,000 hosts, who can oversee the organization and logistics of opportunities in 500 cities in more than 20 languages.
- In a statement, Goodera said the funding will be used to scale its operations, with volunteer opportunities catered to diversity, equality and inclusion, environmental, social and corporate governance and employee resource groups.
- It also plans to explore impact engagement around DEI awareness and training workshops.