Here is our pick of the best smart home technology announced at CES 2024.
- Lockly Visage
- Motion Pillow
- Samsung Music Frame
- Philips Wi-Fi Palm Recognition Smart Deadbolt
- Govee AI Lighting Bot
- Nanoleaf Essential Matter series
- Matic robot vacuum
- Ecoflow Delta Pro Ultra
- Lockly introduces the Lockly Visage, a residential smart lock with facial recognition technology.
- The lock offers the convenience of unlocking by simply facing it, surpassing the convenience of fingerprint readers or Apple Home Key.
- The Lockly Visage also supports fingerprint, Apple Home Key, keypad, and physical key options for unlocking.
- For those who prefer a more traditional approach, the lock is compatible with Apple HomeKey, allowing unlocking via iPhone, Apple Watch, or Siri commands.
- The Lockly Visage is set to be available for purchase in the US this summer for $349, with international availability details yet to be announced.
- An AI-powered pillow may seem like technology going too far, but the Motion Pillow aims to prevent snoring for better sleep.
- Priced at $420 and got a CES 2024 innovation award, it is made of memory foam like many high-quality pillows today.
- The pillow includes a Motion System Unit that gradually identifies snoring sounds and inflates the snorer's pillow.
- This inflation gently turns the snorer's head to the side, improving airways and creating a more peaceful sleep environment.
- The companion app not only allows users to adjust settings but also provides insights into their sleep patterns.
Samsung Music Frame
- Samsung has developed the Music Frame, a speaker that, like the Symfonisk Picture Frame with Wi-Fi Speaker from the IKEA and Sonos collaboration, can discreetly play music behind a chosen photo or artwork.
- Despite lacking a digital screen seen in top digital photo frames, the Music Frame serves as both a standalone Bluetooth or Wi-Fi speaker and a component for home theater setups (TV speaker, rear speaker, or subwoofer).
- Positioned as a space-saving device that conceals technology, the Music Frame is designed to keep smart home setups unobtrusive.
- While details on pricing and availability are yet to be revealed, the Music Frame's unique design is expected to provoke diverse opinions upon its eventual release.
Philips Wi-Fi Palm Recognition Smart Deadbolt
- Philips showcased a unique smart lock at CES 2024 as an alternative to facial recognition systems like Lockly Visage.
- Priced at $359, the Philips Wi-Fi Palm Recognition Smart Deadbolt is the first of its kind, using palm recognition technology for heightened security.
- This innovative lock can store up to 50 individual palm vein patterns, offering both security and convenience.
- With compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant, users can check the lock's status through voice commands, and it also doubles as a doorbell.
- Expected to be available for purchase in the first half of 2024 in the US, an international launch has not been confirmed.
Govee AI Lighting Bot
- Govee has unveiled a new AI-powered system for interacting with its smart lights, known as the AI Lighting Bot, which is currently in early development.
- The AI Lighting Bot aims to serve as a chatbot assistant, responding to natural language requests, and eliminating the need for manual adjustments of smart lights.
- Alongside this development, Govee introduced two other products with more concrete details. The Sync Box Kit 2 is tailored for gamers, featuring an RGB strip, two light towers, and an HDMI box to synchronize lights with on-screen action.
- Another product, the Neon Rope Light 2, is a flexible smart light that can be shaped according to preferences and adjusted through its companion app.
- Both the Sync Box Kit 2 and Neon Rope Light 2 are expected to be released in the first half of 2024, but pricing details are yet to be disclosed.
Nanoleaf Essential Matter series
- Nanoleaf, known for its top-notch smart lights, unveiled three significant announcements at CES 2024, including its inaugural outdoor lights.
- The Essential Matter series comprises three models, featuring string lights designed to enhance outdoor spaces like backyards or balconies, creating mood lighting.
- Nanoleaf also introduced Permanent Lights, catering to challenging-to-reach areas such as above windows. All these lights are set for release in Spring, with pricing details yet to be disclosed.
- In addition to these releases, Nanoleaf announced the pre-order availability of the Nanoleaf Skylight, initially introduced at CES 2023. Priced at $250 for a three-pack, with an Expansion Pack at $70, it can be pre-ordered on Nanoleaf's website, with shipping scheduled for late January 2024.
Samsung Ballie the AI Robot
- Samsung has introduced an update to its Ballie personal assistant robot for CES 2024, featuring a new design, an onboard projector, and enhanced AI capabilities.
- Initially resembling a basketball when unveiled in 2020, the new version now resembles a character from the video game Among Us, with vibrant colors and a square-ish display.
- The updated Ballie serves as a companion, entertainment device, and roving guard dog, equipped with front and rear cameras. It can follow you around, respond to calls, and greet you at the door.
- Functioning like an Alexa on wheels, Ballie can control smart devices, such as lights and thermostats, and provide answers to questions.
- One of its notable features is the onboard projector, claimed to be the first to automatically detect people's posture and facial angle, adjusting the optimal projection angle accordingly. The projector also calibrates itself for different surfaces and allows streaming from platforms like YouTube.
- While the CES announcement doesn't reveal the pricing and availability of Ballie 2024, it showcases a multifunctional and innovative personal assistant robot.
Ecoflow Delta Pro Ultra
- With blackouts and power outages on the rise, home batteries resembling giant smartphone power banks are gaining popularity.
- The Ecoflow Delta Pro Ultra stands out as one of the best and most versatile options available. It serves both as an emergency backup and a relatively portable battery for daily and electric vehicle (EV) needs.
- Featuring a 6kWh power capacity and a 7200W output (with 5.6kW solar input), it can power an entire home or intelligently offset daily energy costs.
- The device can conveniently provide a useful top-up for EVs, and multiple batteries can be stacked for increased capacity.
- The Delta Pro Ultra is detachable from its Smart Home Panel 3 base, allowing it to be wheeled to any location requiring power.
- It boasts numerous outlets, including two USB-C, two USB-A, four standard 120V outputs, and more, enhancing its versatility and usability.