DEUNA, a financial technology startup operating in Latin America, has raised $30 million in its Series A funding round to expand one-click conversion in the e-commerce market in the region.
- The fund will be invested in widening its presence in Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, and Chile; developing its products, increasing its employee base, and launching in new markets like Brazil in months' time.
- DEUNA provides a commerce platform for payment infrastructure, alternative payment methods, and fraud prevention using real-time analytics.
- The startup is particularly increasing sales for merchants, with a 40% increase in acceptance rate and a 3x higher conversion rate recorded in the per-click payment sector.
- Activant Capital led the funding round, with participation from Valor Capital, Abstract Ventures, Acrew Capital, Upload Ventures, and a clutch of individual investors.
- It last raised $7 million in seed funding in October 2021 and relied on bootstrapping until this new raise, at a total of $37 million so far.