Here are the startup and venture deals we tracked across the Asian region today.
Nat Habit Raises $10.2M in a Series B Round
- Natural personal care direct-to-consumer (D2C) firm Nat Habit has secured $10.2 million in a Series B funding round led by Bertelsmann India Investments. Existing investor Fireside Ventures and others, including Amazon India Fund, Mirabilis Investment Trust, and Sharrp Ventures, also participated.
- Nat Habit, founded in 2019, focuses on beauty and wellness products, selling through its website and e-commerce platforms like Amazon and Flipkart. The company aims to achieve an annual run rate of INR 350 crore in the next 24 months.
- The funds will be used for growth, expansion into new categories, entry into the offline segment, research and development, and hiring.
Klinik Pintar Raises $5M in a Series A1 Round
- Looking to capitalize on Indonesia’s growing healthcare market, Indonesian health-tech startup Klinik Pintar has secured $5 million in a series A1 funding round led by Altara Ventures, with participation from Golden Gate Ventures, Skystar Capital, and Venturra to drive its expansion plans
- Formerly known as Medigo, Klinik Pintar manages clinics on a full-ownership and partnership basis, offering services like doctor consultations, laboratory tests, and vaccinations. The company operates 23 clinics and plans to expand to 100 by 2025.
- Klinik Pintar also provides management software used by over 5% of all clinics in Indonesia, and it aims to be the largest tech-driven clinic network in the country within three years, with over 5,000 clinics using its system.
Gacha Monsters Raises $3M in a Seed Round
- Japan-based entertainment startup Gacha Monsters secured $3 million in a seed round led by Animoca Brands, featuring investors like Infinity Ventures Crypto and FBG.
- Led by game developer Jia Shen, known for titles like Pokémon Medallion and Battle Cats, Gacha Monsters plans to use the funds to create and distribute intellectual properties (IPs) across various formats, including video games, anime, comics, physical merchandise, and Web3.
- The startup's first property, Poglin, is set to launch its alpha version in Q1 2024, with ambitions to expand into a broader multimedia IP. Animoca Brands, known for its focus on Web3 and the metaverse, continues its investment streak in the space, following recent funding in Nuqtah and Hi.
Bitsmedia Secures $20M in Series A Funding
- Bitsmedia, the Singapore-based company behind the Muslim lifestyle app Muslim Pro, has raised $20 million in a Series A funding round led by Gobi Partners, with participation from existing investors CMIA Capital Partners and Bintang Capital Partners.
- The app offers features such as accurate prayer times, Qibla direction, the Holy Quran, Islamic calendars, and more.
- The funding will be utilized to enhance Bitsmedia's AI capabilities and improve the Quran experience within Muslim Pro. Bitsmedia, with over 150 million downloads globally, plans to expand further into the US, the UK, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Middle East and North Africa markets.
Aliste Technologies Raises $1M in a Pre-Series A Round
- Amid a booming home automation industry in India, Indian smart home automation startup Aliste Technologies has secured $1 million in a pre-Series A funding round led by YourNest Venture Capital and Artha Venture Fund to tap into the rising sector.
- Aliste focuses on making tech-enabled homes a reality for homeowners and businesses. It follows a subscription model, offering retrofit automation products, allowing users to control existing appliances via an app or voice assistants. The startup aims to save $1 million worth of electricity by 2025 and has already built a presence in the National Capital Region and Bengaluru.
- The company plans to utilize the capital to expand its presence nationwide and enhance brand awareness initiatives.
BetterSpace Raises Rs 45 Lakh in a Pre-Seed Funding Round
- Mental health tech startup BetterSpace has secured Rs 45 lakh (~$54,o00) in its pre-seed funding round led by PedalStart.
- Co-founded in 2020, BetterSpace offers psychologist-led counselling workshops, community engagement programs, and initiatives addressing various mental health challenges. The startup has developed a mobile app, self-paced products, and toolkits focusing on mental wellness facilitating over 5,000 offline sessions across various settings.
- The Raipur-based company plans to utilize the funds to enhance its existing offline and online services, develop new product ranges, improve marketing and brand visibility, and optimize technology. It aims to launch innovative tech-enabled solutions, including Imagi box for children with learning difficulties, Therapy Pods, and a mental wellness game for families.
Follow our full coverage of the Asian startup and technology scene and get up to date with what's happening in the key markets within the region.