GoFreight, a Taiwan-based startup that prides itself as the “Shopify of freight forwarding,” has raised $23 million Series A to make freight forwarding seamless for companies.
- The round was co-led by Flex Capital and Headline. With participation from LFX Venture Partners, Palm Drive Capital etc.
- The financing will be used to develop more features like smart quotations, rate management and purchase order management on the GoFreight platform.
- GoFreight, which currently has about 1,000 customers, helps manage the transportation of goods through ocean, air and land routes.
- With a few clicks, companies can set up online store fronts on the GoFreight platform. Potential customers can connect to freight forwarders by sending them an inquiry through the storefront and getting a quotation within a few minutes, instead of the 24 to 48 hours usually necessary.
- The GoFreight platform allows users to track their shipments using an EDI-integrated tool so freight forwarders can know exactly where their containers are in real-time.
- GoFreight founder, Trenton Chen says the global freight forwarding market is worth about $280 billion dollars, yet almost all the software it runs on is outdated. GoFreight’s goal is to empower traditional freight forwarders to stay competitive with the same quality of technology that Flexport has.