It's been a slow week at Techloy after one of our key writers left for another gig, which led me to quickly announce that we are looking for talented and experienced writers and editors to join Techloy.
Thankfully, the startup and venture capital world across emerging markets didn't dull our spirits this past week and I'm glad to be able to write this week's The Draft. Hope you enjoy reading it! - Loy
This week on The Draft:
- A new $200 million fund is targeting African startups
- India is launching a digital currency next year
- Saudi-based venture fund closed $70 million
- African startups raised around $75 million
- Toshiba plans to invest about $870 million in a new plant
Four startups across emerging markets raised $100 million or more each in venture capital worth over $800 million, including Chile's Betterfly and India's Moglix, Chargebee, and FirstCry.
Without any further ado, this is the week's most important technology news and venture capital deals across emerging markets globally from Techloy, all in one place.