Here are the technology news, startup, and VC deals we tracked across the Latin American region this week:
- Chilean insurance tech startup Betterfly raised a $125 million Series C round at a $1 billion valuation led by Glade Brook Capital to expand overseas.
- Brazil-based digital human resources startup Gupy, which uses Artificial Intelligence to help around 1,500 companies select, hire, and train employees, raised about $93 million led by Japan's SoftBank and U.S. venture capital firm Riverwood.
- Mexico-based B2B payment and financing platform for emerging markets, Tribal raised $60 million in a Series B round led by SoftBank’s fund II for Latam, to support its growing client base in around 22 countries and to expand in Latin America.
- Colombia’s Bold raised $55 million in a Tiger Global-led round to enable digital payments in LatAm.
- Mexican fintech startup Nexu closed a $50 million Series A round of debt and equity financing.
- Brazilian digital insurance marketplace 180º Seguros raised a $31.4 million Series A led by 8VC, with participation from Dragoneer, Monashees, Atlantico, Quartz, Norte.
- Colombian-based Melonn, which provides software and logistics services to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in e-commerce, raised $20 million in a Series A round led by QED Investors.
The Draft provides a weekly roundup of the most important tech news across key emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Follow the rest of our coverage @techloy on Twitter.