Here are the technology news, startup, and VC deals we tracked across the Middle East region this week.
- Israeli's First Digital Bank, an AI-based digital bank aspiring to democratize access to private banking, says it has raised $120M from Swiss wealth management group Julius Baer, Japanese financial conglomerate SBI, and China-based tech firm Tencent, at a valuation of $320M.
- Pakistani fintech startup Creditbook, which provides digital bookkeeping services, has raised $11 million in a pre-series A round co-led by Tiger Global.
- Israeli-based Agtech startup Greeneye, which provides AI-enabled precision spraying technology for agricultural applications, has raised $22 million in funding led by JVP.
- UAE-based Chimera Capital says it has closed its first venture capital fund at $75 million, backed by Mubadala alongside other regional and global limited partners, to target investments that are well-diversified geographically and encompass stages spanning from early growth to pre-IPO.
- Istanbul-based casual and mobile gaming startup, Libra Softworks has raised $30 million in new funding led by Turkey’s Actera Group.
- Tel Aviv-based cybersecurity startup Guard.io, an AI-powered browser extension that protects its over one million users from cyber threats, has raised $47 million in funding led by Tiger Global.
The Draft provides a weekly roundup of the most important tech news across key emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Follow the rest of our coverage @techloy on Twitter.