Animoca Brands, a blockchain gaming startup based in Hong Kong has raised $110 million in its new funding round to support its mission of driving digital property rights via NFTs and gaming to build the open metaverse.
- Founded in 2011, Animoca Brand focuses on blockchain, gaming, and artificial intelligence technologies to advance digital property rights and the establishment of the open metaverse.
- The raised funds will be used to further drive its digital property right promotion, open metaverse support, launch a new asset class, and provide a more equitable digital framework, the blockchain-centric startup claims.
- With this latest round, Animoca Brands has now raised $800 million since its launch. It raised $75 million in July from investors including Liberty City Ventures, Kingsway Capital, Alpha Wave Ventures, 1OT, SG Spring Limited Partnership Fund, Generation Highway, and Cosmic Summit Investments.
- Its products include blockchain projects, primary game products, and issued fungible tokens. It offers cryptocurrency tokens and original and branded games in partnership with other companies. Animoca operations are centred on widening opportunities for blockchain users, advancing asset interoperability, and enabling equality in the open metaverse, it claims.
- Boyu Capital, Singapore's Sovereign Wealth Fund Temasek, GGV Capital, True Global Ventures 4 Plus Fund and TGV 4 Plus Follow On Fund participated in the latest funding round.