Here are the technology news, startup, and VC deals we tracked across the Latin American region this week.
- Mexican logistics tech startup Nowports, which provides digital freight forwarding services to simplify international trade processes in Latin America, has raised $60 million in funding led by Tiger Global, with participation from SoftBank Global and DST Global.
- Mexico's Guru Hotel has raised a $2.1 million round from Anthemis Group, Magic Fund, 500 Startups, Shruti Challa, and others to position itself in the tourism and hotel reservations industry. [Contxto]
- Brazilian e-commerce startup Olist says it has raised $186 million in a Series E funding round led by Wellington Management, at a $1.5 billion valuation, after its $80 million Series D round in April 2021, becoming the latest unicorn in Latin America.
- Mexican logistics startup Nuvocargo, a digital platform for cross-border trade between Mexico and the United States, has raised $20.5 million in a round led by Tiger Global.
- Brazilan-Mexican headquartered e-commerce platform Merama.io, which acquires other e-commerce startups in Latin America, says it has raised $60 million led by Advent International and Softbank, after raising $225 million Series B in September, bringing its valuation to $1.2 billion.
- Brazilian foodtech startup Shopper.com.br has raised $30 million in a Series C round led by Singapore fund, GIC, after it raised $21 million in a Series B round earlier this year. [Contxto]
- Peru's edtech startup CrackTheCode.la, which provides online coding courses for children and teens, has raised $2.7 million in funding led by Kaszek Ventures.
The Draft provides a weekly roundup of the most important tech news across key emerging markets in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East. Follow the rest of our coverage @techloy on Twitter.