Twitter-Verified Organization is a service that allows organizations, including businesses, non-profits, and government institutions, to manage their verification and affiliate-related accounts. Organizations that purchase a subscription to the service will receive a gold or grey checkmark, depending on their type, and can affiliate any individual or entity associated with them.
Affiliated accounts will receive verification and an affiliate badge, and users can click on the badge to access the affiliated organization. Subscribing to the service gives organizations full control over their presence on Twitter, including the ability to add and remove affiliated accounts. The service costs $1,000/month, plus $50/month for each additional affiliate in the U.S., and prices may vary by region.
How to Apply for Twitter-Verified Organizations
- Sign up with this link and include your requirements for eligibility in the form.
- Add payment details.
- Next, your account will be reviewed.
- You would be given the opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of Twitter Blue, but your organization won't get a gold or grey checkmark, and you won't be able to add affiliated accounts until the account gets approval.
- Once your account has been reviewed and approved, it will be verified right away and you can start adding affiliations.
Verified Organizations is only for organizations such as businesses, non-profits, governments, and multilateral organizations. It is not allowed for personal accounts to be on Verified Organizations.
How to use Twitter Verified Organizations: Activating Your Account
- If your organization's application is approved by Twitter, you will receive an email notification informing you that your account is ready to use.
- Click on the link in the email you received to activate your account. This will take you to a page where you need to log in using your organization's Twitter account.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once your account is activated, you'll be directed to a page where you can enter your payment details using our payment provider Stripe.
- Next, you'll provide the information needed to pay for the service.
- Once you pay for the Verified Organizations subscription, you can start using your account and add affiliated accounts.
How to add affiliated accounts
- Click on Add Accounts and a popup will appear where you can search for any account on Twitter.
- You can add as many affiliates as you want. To add an affiliate, click the Send Invite button.
- When you send an Invite, the affiliated user would get notified via email that you've invited them to join. They will immediately be added to the Pending tab in the Portal.
- Once they've accepted, they will immediately get a checkmark and affiliate badge, and they will move from the Pending tab to the Accounts tab.
How to remove affiliated accounts
- To remove affiliated accounts, click the 'X' remove button in the row next to any affiliated account.
- A message would pop up asking to confirm: Are you sure you want to remove @handle?
- Clicking "Yes, do it" will immediately remove both verification and affiliation badges for the affiliated account.
Cancelling your Subscription
- Navigate to the Settings tab in your Portal then Click the cancellation link.
- When you cancel a Verified Organization, your organization will lose its gold checkmark and all affiliated accounts will be immediately removed from your organization’s profile and lose their gold or blue checkmarks and affiliate badges.
Twitter Verified Organizations is a special service that helps companies and other groups on Twitter to show that they are real and trustworthy. If they pay for the service, they will get a special checkmark on their profile, and they can also add checkmarks to other accounts that are connected to them. This helps people know that those accounts are also real and trustworthy.