Gone are the days of mundane solo-watching, replaced by a virtual cinema where you and your friends can dive into a pool of shared laughter, knowledge, and adventure. It's the perfect way to bond over the latest viral sensations or delve into thought-provoking documentaries, all while enjoying each other's company.
With co-watching on Google Meet, distance is no longer a barrier to creating lasting memories with your favourite people.
But it's not just about fun and entertainment. Co-watching on Google Meet opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for education and collaboration. Whether studying with classmates, brainstorming with colleagues, or conducting remote workshops, co-watching allows you to learn and grow together, fostering a sense of unity and shared achievement.
In this guide, we will show you how to harness the power of Google Meet to co-watch YouTube videos with friends, family, or colleagues, no matter where they are located.
Become a Techloy member.
Join 20,000+ subscribers getting the latest business, career, and financial information in the technology industry across emerging markets globally.
Delivered to your inbox, every week(end). Unsubscribe anytime. Please check your junk email folder, if it doesn't arrive in your inbox.
What you need to co-watch YouTube Videos with others on Google Meet
- An Android device.
- Access to a personal Google Account.
- A YouTube Premium membership is necessary to initiate a live sharing session.
- Meeting guests can co-watch videos without requiring a YouTube Premium membership.
How to co-watch YouTube Videos with others on Google Meet
- Open the Google Meet app on your device then start a meeting with your desired participants.
- Tap the screen to reveal the call controls. At the bottom, locate the vertical three-dot menu (More actions). Tap on the three-dot menu and then select Activities from the options. From the Activities menu, select Youtube.
- After returning to the Activities menu within the Meet app, tap on the option labelled YouTube, and then proceed to select Open YouTube.
- Search for the desired video within the platform. Once you've found the video you want, simply tap on it to begin the co-watching experience.
- When the pop-up menu appears, prompting you to initiate a live sharing session, tap on the Start.
Co-watching YouTube videos with others on Google Meet brings a new level of connection and enjoyment to your online interactions. No matter the physical distance, you can now share laughter, knowledge, and meaningful experiences with your friends, family, or colleagues in real time.
By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can easily sync your screens, react together, and create lasting memories through shared video entertainment. Whether for fun movie nights, educational sessions, or collaborative work, co-watching on Google Meet adds a social dimension that transcends boundaries.