Indian health-tech AI platform RedBrick AI has announced the raise of a $4.6 million seed funding round.
- Launched in 2021, the RedBrick AI aims to accelerate the development and adoption of AI in clinical settings through data annotation on medical imagery.
- “AI systems can dramatically shorten the time to diagnosis, improve clinician productivity by triaging high-importance cases, and act as the first line of defence in under-staffed clinical environments,” RedBrick AI said in a statement.
- The AI startup says it aims to solve the first key challenge to healthcare AI adoption by providing clinicians with high-quality data annotation tools that accelerate the preparation of training datasets. It also offers semi-automated tools to annotate complex 3D medical images.
- While data annotation makes it easy for machines to comprehend medical data, medical imagery is an essential source of truth in clinical diagnosis and comprises about 90% of all healthcare data, the startup said in a press release.
- According to the startup’s statement, the round was led by Sequoia India and Southeast Asia’s Surge, with participation from Y Combinator and angel investors.
- The funds will be used to expand specialized tooling, increase hiring for engineering roles in its India office, and grow its customer base.