UAE-based healthtech Okadoc announced the first close of its pre-series B funding round at $10 million.
- Founded in 2018 by Fodhil Benturquia, Okadoc allows patients to book virtual and in-person healthcare appointments, as well as providing a home healthcare platform and a cloud pharmacy.
- Available on a white-labelled basis across the Kingdom, Okadoc is the region’s only instant doctor platform that is directly integrated into 38 healthcare information systems (EHR/HIS), including EPIC, Intersystems, Oasis and more.
- This means that patients can view real-time doctor availabilities, instantly book appointments in 30 seconds or less, receive reminders, reschedule, cancel or even request reminders for earlier availability.
- Aside from allowing patients book virtual and in-person healthcare appointments in 30 seconds or less, Okadoc will now introduce home healthcare and cloud pharmacy as part of its strategy to improve the healthcare experience for all.
- The funding will help fuel Okadoc and enable them to offer a hybrid healthcare delivery to customers.
- The round was led by IGan Partners, new and existing investors including Basim Ibrahim Hayel Saeed Group, Club 49, Alesayi Group, Bupa Arabia, Bunat Ventures, ADQ, and Now Invest.