Animoca Brands Japan, an arm of Animoca Brands Global, focusing on non-fungible token (NFT) and metaverse investments, has raised $45 million in funding to secure local licenses and new investments.
- The $45 million came in equal halves from Animoca Brands Global and MUFG Bank, one of the largest banks in Japan.
- The funding will be used by Animoca Brands Japan to get local licenses for popular intellectual properties, develop internal capabilities, and promote the adoption of web3 to multiple partners. This is targeted at improving the value and utility of its branded content and bolstering the development of a safe and secure NFT ecosystem in Japan.
- Animoca Brands Japan is now valued at a $500 million valuation (pre-money) at this latest raise. Its ecosystem includes Cryptowallet, Infrastructure, Blockchain Gaming, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), Esport, Guild, Metaverse, and Art among others.
- It is a subsidiary of Animoca Brands Corporation Limited focusing on cooperative partnerships in Japan for NFT-based opportunities. It partners with Kodansha, Nishitetsu Group, MUFG, MCP, WIT Studio, Anomaly Inc., Amano Creative Studio Inc., and Ucollex among others.
- Animoca Brands Global deals in digital entertainment, gaming, blockchain, and gamification to advance digital property rights and contribute to the establishment of the open metaverse.