- Clubhouse has unveiled the 'Backchannel', its direct messaging feature.
- Twitter says it will shut down Fleets, its foray into the Stories experience, which launched just under a year ago on August 3, citing a lack of activity and low usage.
- Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg says the platform will pay $1 billion to creators by the end of 2022.
- Microsoft has announced Windows 365, which will allow businesses to stream a version of Windows 10 or 11 in a web browser or via its Remote Desktop app, to be launched on August 2.
- Facebook has begun rolling out a new “expert” label for group members who have expertise based on the Facebook group’s interests.
- Apple is reportedly working on a pay later feature for Apple Pay, according to Bloomberg.
- Twitter has enabled a feature that allows users to change who can reply to their tweets, even after they've posted the tweet.
- Amazon has reportedly acquired Facebook's internet satellite team, as it competes with Elon Musk-owned SpaceX's Starlink.
The Draft: Unicorn Edition is a series that highlights the latest products, features and updates from Big Tech and Unicorns around the world. Follow Techloy on Twitter for real-time updates.